Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breakfast at Tisserie

This morning I was in the mood for something slightly different from the muffins and fruit salad available in my neighborhood, so I wandered down to the Union Square area to have a 7-grain muffin and fruit salad at Tisserie. The muffin was by far the best, just on the verge of being too crumbly. The fruit salad was prepared too long before and sold in plastic cups, and by the time it got to me the watermelon in it had turned to soft fibrous clumps.

By far the most striking thing about the experience was the Americano espresso beverage I ordered. I am well acquainted with the fact that often this preparation can be very hot, since in many cases espresso is added to water that is at or near the boiling point (as opposed to brewed coffee where the brewing process draw out a considerable amount of heat).

Indeed the Americano I got at Tisserie takes over my top ranking for hottest beverage of all time. I detected it was hot immediately and gave it a good twenty minutes to rest, after which I still received minor burns attempting to take a cautious sip.

No comments: