Monday, November 19, 2007

Dinner at Les Halles

Tonight was another late night at work, and afterward a colleague and I stopped at nearby Les Halles for dinner before heading home. This is significant because we tried to go there twice in the last week, but left after we found it too crowded to wait.

It seems that Mondays are fairly light, though, and so tonight we got right into the mostly empty dining room without any problem.

I ordered my standby favorite Hamburger Rossini, while my colleague opted for the establishment favorite Steak Frites.

Usually we find ourselves waiting at least 20 minutes or so for our food to arrive, but tonight it arrived in an amazing 5 minutes or so. I assume that given the light Monday night crowd, the whole kitchen staff was poised and waiting to pounce on our orde.

No comments: