Monday, September 10, 2007

The Usual Pizza

We met after work at the California Pizza Kitchen near my office. This is nothing remarkable; in fact I have a feeling tha this pattern will be repeated many times over the coming months and years. Despite the fact that CPK was such a staple of our diet in Seattle, even after finding that there were locations close to both my new office and home I figured that New York has so many great pizza options that we would never want to go there. Alas, the tastes of a five-year-old are not easily changed, and the allure of the Hawaiian pizza too powerful.

On a follow-up note from a previous post, tonight when we ordered the waiter asked explicitly whether we wanted Canadian bacon or pepperoni on the Hawaiian pizza. The waiter was obviously new, so I have to assume that the difficulty we experienced last week was enough to motivate a change in policy and training.

No comments: