Sunday, September 2, 2007

Brunch at Isabella's

This morning we went to brunch at Isabella's, over on the upper west side at 77th and Columbus Avenue. I went there last weekend with a friend and it was pretty good, so it seemed like a good place to try on the first Sunday brunch after my wife and son returned for good.

One interesting note: a highlight from last weekend's visit was the complimentary drink included with brunch, which in my case was the first Bloody Mary I have tried, based on the recommendation of my friend. It was very good, nice and peppery. I was looking forward to trying this again today, but alas we arrived before noon and they weren't serving alchoholic drinks until then.

I had forgotten about the quaint liquor laws they have in other parts of the country since moving to the west coast. It really does seem like a relic of prohibition.

No comments: