Saturday, August 25, 2007

Taksim is Tasty

This evening on may way home from work I wanted something close by and reliable for dinner, so I stopped in at Taksim, a Turkish restaurant on 2nd Avenue. The location couldn't be more convenient, and every time I have been there so far it has been reliably good.

At this point I can't imagine going there and not getting the Greek Salad to start. This is a hearty salad, which in addition to the basic tomato, lettuce, cucumber, onion and feta also includes nice touches like a bit of elephant bean salad and a stuffed vine leaf.

Tonight I tried the Chicken Adana kebab, which is made with ground chicken wrapped around a skewer and grilled. The kebab was quite good with some spicy chili sauce. Accompanied by an Efes, a Turkish beer, it was all quite good. One of the nice touches here is the complimentary watermelon slice they provide for dessert. Just enough to counterbalance the heaviness of the skewered meat.

No comments: